This is the Privacy Notice of Swift Property Lettings (Ltd). In this document, “we” or “us” refers to Swift Property Lettings (Ltd).
At Swift Property we are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected either through our web site or because you provide it to us in some other way.
An overview of how we collect and use your information
This is an overview of:
- the types of information we collect about you
- how we collect, use it and process it
- who we might share it with
- how long we keep your information
- your rights to your information
The information we collect
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you
- from a third party acting on your behalf
- from other organisations such as Zoopla or RightMove
The information we collect on this site
The personal information we collect from you on this site is only required by us in order to provide you with the products, quotes or information you have requested or may require.
When you register on our website, the personal information you enter, such as name, address, postcode, telephone number and email may be used to make you aware of additional products and services we believe may be of interest. By submitting your information, you consent to its use, as set out in this policy.
We collect information from the website in order to: Identify you every time you visit our website; Provide you with the services requested; From time to time we may contact you with information we believe will be of interest or of benefit to you such as new or existing services, offers or newsletters, provided by Swift Property. If at any time you wish your personal details to be amended or removed from our record, or you no longer wish to receive certain information please contact us.
How we use your information
We use your personal information to provide any products and services you have requested and other purposes, such as:
- to confirm your identity and address
- to carry out your instructions
- to improve our products and services
- to offer you other services we believe may benefit you, unless you ask us not to
We only use your information where we are allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with you, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it.
Our web site is hosted in the EU. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK may be “processed” outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
Lawful basis of processing
Swift Property processes your information under the following:
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Swift Property and we need to process your information as part of this contract
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Swift Property as part of its legitimate interests which include: fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, and other core products and service provided by the data controller
- Public interest: some information is processed in accordance public interest such as relocations
- Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data
Who we can share your information with
We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
- Landlords and landlord associates
- Councils and utility suppliers
- Property maintenance & repairs approved suppliers
- Inventory clerks for tenancy check-in
- Tenancy Deposit protection & registration schemes
- Credit reference agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Additionally, we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities
We reserve the right to employ third party electronic verification for the purpose of verifying identity. This search will not affect your credit rating.
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected.
How long we keep your information
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed above. We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after last contact with you, for legitimate purposes. However, we reserve the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Swift Property.
At any time, you may review, update, restrict or reject the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us at the address below.
To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Swift Property Lettings (Ltd)
30 Red Lion Street
Richmond TW9 1RB