We go your extra mile
of rent + Vat
of rent + Vat
of rent + Vat
Your own property manager
24-hour emergency callouts
Coordinate all repairs and maintenance
Tenants contact us directly
Arrange payment for all works
Annual property inspection and report
Ensure legal compliance (EPC, Gas Safety, electrics)
Monthly statements and online account
Tenant finding (marketing on Rightmove and Zoopla, professional photography, floor plan)
Hosted viewings and enquiries
Tenant referencing and Right to Rent checks
Tenancy agreement and all paperwork
Arrange check-in, inventory, check-out and deposit deductions
Transfer utility bills
Extra six-monthly inspection
Annual expenditure report for tax
Arrange service charge payments
Use of Swift’s address for post
of rent + Vat
of rent + Vat
of rent + Vat
Thank you, Swift! We left our flat in extremely capable hands when we immigrated. Not once did we have to worry about anything at all.Tamarin | Owns in Earlsfield, lives in AustraliaMore testimonials
What’s not included?
Our fees include all services as described in the table above, but exclude charges for work done by third-party firms (all fees listed here include Vat):
- Tradesmen repairs Labour and parts billed by, for example, a plumber, electrician or handyman.
- Inventory creation To ensure impartiality, we use an independent specialist to compile a full report with photos of your property’s condition and contents. This is a one-off cost (£100 for a two-bedroom, one-bathroom furnished flat) at the start of your first tenancy, as the inventory is re-used for future lettings.
- Tenant check-in The same inventory specialist walks tenants through the property’s report and gets them to sign agreement there and then (£80 for a two-bedroom, one-bathroom furnished flat).
- Professional cleaning Only needed once as tenants have to return the property cleaned to this standard (about £175 for a two-bedroom flat excluding carpets; £240 with carpets included).
- Let-only service We find and reference your tenants, plus handle all the move-in paperwork and admin. Includes marketing on Rightmove and Zoopla, professional photography and floor plan; hosted viewings and enquiries; tenant referencing and Right to Rent checks; tenancy agreement and all paperwork; deposit protection; arranging inventory and check-in; utility bills transfer (8% plus Vat).
- Let-only renewals (4% plus Vat).
- Tax summary An annual property expenditure report for your tax return (£40), available separately if you are not on our Platinum service.
- Managing large projects This fee (15% plus Vat) applies to all large maintenance projects worth more than £500, regardless of which service option you choose.
Frequently asked questions
Swift uses industry-leading referencing for tenants and guarantors from one of Britain’s most respected providers. For your peace of mind, it checks that an applicant can afford the rent and has honoured past commitments. It includes:
- Right to Rent checks: by law, you have to check that tenants have a right to live in Britain before letting a home to them, or face a penalty of up to £3,000 per adult illegal immigrant — even if they are not named in the lease.
- Identity checks.
- Bank account checks.
- Credit checks to ensure there are no outstanding county court judgements.
- Current landlord references.
- Employment references.
We advise you on the findings, but you keep full control — the decision to let stays with you.
Because we are independent, we can amend the agreement to include any additional clauses relevant to your property. We know one size doesn’t fit all.
From April 2018, laws will ban granting new leases to let out homes with the lowest two energy efficiency bands, F and G, unless you have installed the maximum package of measures under the government’s Green Deal.
Swift ensures that you have an EPC in place as part of all of our service packages.
Smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms also have to be in place and tested at the start of every tenancy. You must ensure that sockets, light fittings and electrical appliances are safe. All upholstered furniture should have fire safety labels.
Swift ensures that your home adheres to all these safety requirements as part of our service.
By law, you have to register a tenant’s deposit with one of three state-backed protection schemes within 30 days of receiving it or face heavy fines. As part of our Gold and Platinum service, Swift submits all deposits to the Deposit Protection Service.
At the end of the tenancy, owner and tenant must agree any deductions promptly; the balance must reach the tenant within 10 days after reaching agreement. Any amount in dispute stays in protection until you agree. Swift also handles any negotiations on deductions and releases owed funds to the relevant parties before the deadline.
At Swift we use a specialist firm, registered with the Association of Professional Inventory Providers, to guarantee an independent, impartial service. Arranging an inventory is part of both our Gold and Platinum packages. Because this service is provided by a third party, we ask you to cover their cost (£100 for a two-bedroom, one-bathroom furnished flat).
Done correctly, the check-in leaves no doubt that your tenants agreed with what your inventory stated when they moved in — crucial for any disputes over deposit deductions once the tenancy ends.
To guarantee an impartial service, an independent specialist — registered with the Association of Professional Inventory Providers — walks your tenants through the inventory and asks them to sign a check-in report there and then. Your report lists keys handed over, opening meter readings and the property’s condition and cleanliness on the day.
Swift arranges the check-in as part of our Gold and Platinum services. Because it is done by a third party, we ask you to cover their cost (£80 for a two-bedroom, one-bathroom furnished flat). You pay this fee at the check-in, while your tenant pays at the check-out.
When your tenants leave, the check-out inspection and report compares the property to your check-in inventory so you can make fair deposit deductions.
To ensure impartiality, an independent specialist — registered with the Association of Professional Inventory Providers — does this inspection and advises on possible deductions. Swift arranges the check-out as part of our Gold and Platinum services.
We ask the tenants to pay the clerk’s fee (£125 including Vat) seperately for the check-out report, since you as a landlord pay it at the check-in. There are therefore no check-out charges to you.